Home Gym Equipment FAQ
First, let us look at some of the answers to the most commonly asked questions on home gym equipment.
1. What Is Home Gym Equipment?
As the name suggests, home gym equipment is essentially a special gear that you can use to exercise from the comfort of your own home. Typically, home gym equipment is designed to combine the functions of multiple workout machines into one single equipment. This allows you to train multiple groups of muscle in your body simultaneously.
2. What Are the Advantages of Home Gym Equipment?
Apart from the comfort and the privacy factor, another major advantage of using home gym equipment is the fact that you can work out from your own home. This allows you to save significant time as you don't need to travel back and forth between your place and a gym. Also, you get to enjoy a workout at any time of the day. Furthermore, most home gym equipment machines are compact and do not take up much space. They also allow you to perform a complete whole body exercise routine in a single session.
3. What Are the Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Home Gym Equipment?
Before you go ahead and make a decision on purchasing the best home gym equipment, consider some of the factors such as the purpose of your workout, the type of equipment required, the size of the equipment, the installation and maintenance, and finally, the cost. Keep in mind that when setting up a home gym, you don't always have to get all of the equipment at once. As and when your fitness level increases, you can choose to get more equipment to help you train better.
4. Where Can You Buy the Best Home Gym Equipment?
You can get some of the best home gym equipment from online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and Dick's Sporting Goods, among others. Alternatively, you could also visit the manufacturers' own website to check out their entire range of equipment before making a decision.
How We Reviewed
In addition to conducting our own research on the internet, we also spoke to several fitness experts and enthusiasts to come up with a list of the best home gym equipment. Once the list was made, our review team took up the task of reviewing each product on the basis of its features, its pros and cons, and the price. Then, our team compared each piece of equipment with the others on the list to come up with a verdict on the best home gym equipment.
What We Reviewed
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
Unlike most home gym equipment, the Bowflex Blaze home gym doesn't utilize traditional selectable weight plates to increase resistance. Instead, it uses a unique Power Rod design that allows up to 210 pounds of resistance, which can be further upgraded to around 310 or 410 pounds. Also, the Bowflex Blaze comes with a sliding seat rail instead of a fixed seat, allowing you to perform aerobic and rowing exercises. With the ability to set multiple pulley and cable positions, the Blaze home gym allows you to work out all the muscle groups in your body.
Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total body training Home Gym
- All-steel construction – This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with durable powder...
- Multi-functional press arms – this versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual Action press arms. The...
- Dual-action leg developer – featuring a dual-function leg developer with six oversize rocker pads and a row/curl...
The Marcy Smith Cage workout machine is one of the most complete home gyms ever created. Featuring a heavy-duty steel frame that is resistant to rusting and corrosion, the home gym is very durable. The home gym is equipped with a combined arm and leg station that allows you to workout both the muscle groups with very minimal need to switch or swap. The leg station is capable of moving either way, enabling you to perform both leg curls and leg extensions for a more complete workout.
Body-Solid EXM3000LPS Light Commercial Gym
- 7 unique stations offer a wide variety of total-body strength building exercises
- Thick, durable DuraFirm pads are contoured for lumbar support and fully adjustable
- Includes dual 210 pound weight stacks positioned within easy reach for quick, safe weight selection
With its multiple workout stations, the Body-Solid EXM3000LPS delivers an exceptional workout experience that is on par with gyms and fitness studios. Unlike some of the best home gym equipment, the EXM3000LPS enables up to 3 people to workout simultaneously. With a combination of four different stations, the home gym enables you to hit all the muscle groups in your body including your abdominals and legs. It also comes with two different weight stacks for a total resistance of 210 pounds each.
Powerline by Body-Solid Home Gym
- Comprehensive home workout machine for total-body strength training
- Combines Body-Solid Home Gym (P2X) and Leg Press (PLPX) with 2: 1 weight ratio
- Low, mid, and high pulleys offer a virtually endless number of full-body exercises
Featuring a dedicated leg press station, the Powerline by Body-Solid home gym is equipped with a 160-pound weight stack as the standard, with the option of upgrading it to 210 pounds. The home gym comes with low, mid, and high pulleys, enabling you to perform a wide variety of exercises for activating multiple muscle groups. Equipped with a patented SmoothGlide Bearing System, the cables and pulleys offer consistent tension and operate smoothly with low friction.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
Featuring an extremely compact and space saving design, the Weider Ultimate Body Works is a home gym that requires very little assembly time. The home gym utilizes resistance bands instead of the more traditional stackable weights and also comes with the option to increase the resistance. With a total maximum resistance of up to 250 pounds, the Weider Ultimate Body Works is the perfect home gym for both beginners and experts alike.
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0
- BRING THE GYM TO YOU & SIMULATE 1,000s OF DOLLARS WORTH OF GYM EQUIPMENT IN 1 SYSTEM: The BodyBoss 2.0 was designed...
- EASILY WORKOUT UPPER BODY OR LOWER BODY: What if you didn't have to drive to the gym to get an upper body workout...
- OVER $1,000,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER & INDIEGOGO: When designing the BodyBoss workout product we wanted to make...
Designed to provide you with a complete full-body workout, the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 features a portable design that can be easily taken along with you wherever you want. The home gym package includes all the accessories you will ever need, such as handles, straps, door anchors, and even a horizontal bar. As the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 utilizes resistance bands to provide weight resistance, it also enables you to customize the levels by simply adjusting the bands.
TRX All-in-One Home Gym Bundle
- OUR BEST-SELLING TRAINING SYSTEM! Create full-body workouts Anywhere, Anytime! Includes Suspension Training Strap,...
- GET AMAZING RESULTS FAST! For ALL Skill Levels, ALL Health & Fitness Goals! Digital Workouts teach you to rapidly...
- MOVEMENT-BASED TRAINING is the Cornerstone of TRX’s Training Philosophy. Practice, Refine & Master 7 Simple...
The TRX all-in-one home gym bundle is a complete and comprehensive workout solution for people who are hard pressed for time. With its unique suspension training system, the TRX home gym forces you to utilize your own bodyweight to perform exercises. In addition to the suspension trainer, the package also includes 4 different exercise bands of different resistances to help you build muscle and burn fat.
BowFlex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells eliminate the need to stack up on multiple weighted dumbbells for performing your workout. The adjustable dumbbells utilize a unique dial system to cycle quickly through different resistances, thereby enabling you to move swiftly from one exercise to the other. Each dumbbell combines up to 15 different sets of weights ranging from 5 pounds to a maximum resistance of up to 52.5 pounds.
Olympic Weight Set
- Chrome Olympic Bar Features Maximum Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- USA Sports 300 lb. Weight Set Includes 14 USA Weight Plates: Two 2.5 lbs., Four 5 lbs., Two 10 lbs., Two 25 lbs.,...
- These are Standard Cast Iron Olympic Plates with Durable Grey Enamel Finish / Raised Silver Numbers and Letters...
Perfect for serious lifters and for those who are more comfortable with free weights, the Serious Steel Fitness Olympic weight set comes with up to 300 pounds of total weight resistance. Featuring a strong and sturdy Olympic bar with a maximum capacity of up to 600 pounds, the weight set comes with two spring collars to hold the weights in place securely.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- Sturdy Flywheel: The 40-pound chrome flywheel is designed to maintain momentum smoothly as you cycle on the cardio...
- Resistance: Increase resistance or come to a complete stop in a flash with the friction resistance knob. Use the...
- Adjustable Handlebars: Ergonomic handlebars are designed to accommodate multiple riding styles while cycling on...
Ideal for your cardio workout sessions, the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro indoor cycling bike is equipped with a chain drive system that offers smooth operation with low friction. The bike features a fully adjustable seat and adaptable handlebars and offers a customized fit for everybody. The flywheel of the bike operates smoothly and quietly due to the felt pad adjustable resistance system.
Based on our reviews of the best home gym equipment, the Marcy Smith Cage workout machine seems to be the best overall home gym equipment. With a sturdy and professional design and construction, this home gym enables you to work out all the muscles in your body. It is also well-equipped to handle different leg workouts, which is something that not many home gyms offer. However, if your priorities lean more toward portability and space-saving, then the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 and the TRX all-in-one home gym bundle are two great alternatives that you can consider.