Rather than taking a leap of faith, keep reading to find out which faucet water filters are the best, what features to look out for, and how much you can expect to pay.
Best Faucet Water Filter FAQ
1. What Should I Look for in the Best Faucet Water Filter?
Some key features to look for in the best faucet water filter are construction material, cartridge life, filter change sensors, size, and finishes.
2. When Should I Replace my Filter?
Most of the best faucet water filters come with indicators to let you know when it is time to replace your filter. If you choose a model that does not include this feature, change your filter when the stream of water slows significantly.
3. What Are the Benefits of a Faucet Water Filter?
Whether your water is well-drawn or comes from the city loaded with chemicals, many people find they need a water filter to filter out impurities such as chemicals, heavy metals, bacteria, and other contaminants. The best faucet water filters generally last 2.5 to 7.5 times longer than pitcher filters, take up less space, and are less expensive.
4. Where Can You Buy Them?
You can buy the best faucet water filter on Amazon and have it shipped conveniently straight to your door. For an additional fee, you can receive expert assembly but these filters should take less than five minutes to install and require no special tools.
5. Why Is NSF Certification Important?
NSF or ANSI certification is important because it means you do not have to test the purity of your water to ensure the quality of your filter. These filters have already been tested and certified to remove a certain percentage of different contaminants such as lead or chlorine to guarantee the water coming out of your tap is safe for human consumption.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features, pros and cons, price, and where they can be purchased. After hours of research, we came up with this top 10 list of the best faucet water filters and tested them for ease of assembly, the quality of the flavor, and the lack of odor. We also read hundreds of reviews before we determined the best faucet water filter of 2019.
What We Reviewed
Brita Tap Water Filter System
- BRITA DRINK LIKE YOU CARE Basic Brita faucet water filter attaches to your standard faucet making tap water...
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1800 single-use...
- The space efficient design attaches directly to your faucet giving you the choice of filtered or unfiltered water;...
This is one of the best faucet water filters on the market today. It takes only five minutes to install and with dimensions of 8.25" high by 2.38" wide by 6" deep, it is small enough to fit in many bathroom sinks, not just kitchen faucets. It can filter 100 gallons of water, saving you over $400 and can last a family of four an impressive four months.
Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- FEATURES: Reduces azine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulates class I, turbidity while removing bad taste/odor;...
- COMPATIBILITY: Includes adapters for all standard sink nozzles (does NOT fit drop-down faucets)
Another one of the best faucet water filters, this unit filters half a gallon per minute at 60 psi. There are no tools required to install this filter, and it is NSF International certified against ANSI Standard 42 and 53. The pressure ranges from 30 to 100 psi and the temperature ranges from 40 to 100 degrees. Unlike the Brita tap filter, it lasts for 200 gallons before it needs to be replaced.
DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter
No products found.
This high-performance faucet water filter removes benzene, mercury, lead, asbestos, cysts, sediment, and chlorine. It is engineered to last and each filter can process 100 gallons of water. It has a flow rate of half a gallon per minute and is backed by a three-year warranty.
PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR Faucet Chemical and...
- REDUCES 70 CHEMICAL & PHYSICAL CONTAMINANTS INCLUDING LEAD – This PUR drinking water faucet filtration system is...
- EASY ONE CLICK ATTACHMENT – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach, and no tools are required....
This advanced water filter lasts 100 gallons and features an LED indicator to let you know when you need to change it. It fits standard faucets and is installed easily with no tools required. When a plastic faucet adapter breaks, you have to buy a new faucet water filter system. This water filter features a durable metal adapter so your o-rings preventing leaks will crack before the adapter.
Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter
- How to clean water？- Filter filled with Activated Carbon,Food Grade Calcium Sulfite Ball,KDF55 that can reduce...
- Improves taste – Get rid of that horrible chlorine smell and sour taste. Experience just plain water, what you...
- Sturdy Convenient design- Made from durable, no-leak Food grade ABS plastic. Clean water at the flip of a switch....
This is the best faucet water filter made of stainless steel materials with a chrome finish. It fits most faucets and comes with two adapters. One fits 55/64" x 27 thread male and the other two fit 15/16" x 27 thread and 13/16" x 27 thread female faucets. The only downside is there are no adapters to fit pull down or pull out unthreaded faucets.
This durable filter has a no-leak design and includes a knob to turn off the filter for when you wash dishes. Each filter lasts 200 gallons which equates to about three to five months depending on the quality of the water and how many gallons your household filters daily. It is designed to reduce contaminants including lead, chlorine, and sediment and kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of fungi, lime, scale, and mold. It filters water between 39.2 degrees and 176 degrees.
InstaPure F2BCT3P-1ES Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- Granular carbon filtration produces great tasting water
- Small durable design fits most typical kitchen faucets
- Attractive chrome design to match your decor
This is one of the best faucet water filters for durability. Not only does it filter 200 gallons of water, but it comes with an easy-to-use lever to turn the filter off, extending its life. It is ANSI- and NSF-certified to reduce the taste and odor of chlorine by 97%. It also reduces 99% of lead, VOC's and microbial cysts through the highest quality, silver-free coconut carbon.
There are no tools required for installation and the beautiful chrome base is completed by an attractive clear cap. If you are worried about leaks, shore up the unit with waterproof tape. However, leaking is not a problem with most standard faucets.
There is no indicator to let you know when you should replace your water filter but Instapure recommends you change the filter every three months for the best performance. If this does not suit you, purchase a pack of three or four filters so you have them on hand when the taste or odor of your water changes.
Waterdrop Water Faucet Filtration
- NSF certifications: Tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for the reduction of...
- Longer filter life: Each faucet filter provides 320 gallons of cleaner water, or 3 months of typical use - that’s...
- Lead reduction: The innovative ACF material features great and fast filtration. You will fill up 4 water bottles...
This is one of the best faucet water filters for lead reduction. It is LAPMO R&T tested and certified to NSF/ANSI 42 standards for chlorine reduction and NSF/ANSI 372 tested and certified for lead removal. With its five-stage filtration system, it removes large particles, bacteria, heavy metals, odor, and more.
It is made of food grade 304 stainless steel and lasts 10 times as long as plastic filters. It is sturdy and will not leak even when filtering hot water. It will not attach to flexible hoses but will fit most threaded faucets. It also features a 360-degree swivel to allow water output at any angle making it much more convenient than most faucet water filters.
New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System
- DRINK SAFE WATER: Remove contaminants found in tap water such as chlorine, lead, trihalomethanes, organic and...
- VERSATILE: Odorless, great-tasting water at your kitchen sink. All the water you want anytime you want...
- SUSTAINABLE: Filtering water at home is great for the environment. Your 10 Stage Plus System filters up to 800...
This advanced faucet water filter produces up to 1,500 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced making it well worth the price. Most pitcher filters need to be replaced every 40 gallons, so you get 37.5 times the use with this sink filter system and save precious space in your refrigerator. Some people put this system on their countertop but it also fits under the sink. It is backed by a one-year warranty and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Moen Arbor One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- VERSATILE FINISH: Chrome finish is highly reflective for a mirror-like look that works with any decorating style
- BOOSTED STREAM: Moen's exclusive Power Boost technology offers a faster clean and faster fill with the push of a...
- RETRACTABLE: Equipped with the Reflex system for smooth operation, easy movement and secure docking of the spray...
This faucet water filter is designed to be mounted through one to three holes and includes an escutcheon. While most of the best water faucet filters are backed by a one- to three-year warranty, this filter system is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience leaking or dripping, you will be sent a free replacement.
With just the push of a button, get a boosted stream with Moen's exclusive Power Boost technology for fast delivery of pure, healthy water. The chrome finish is extremely reflective and matches any decor and appliances you have in your kitchen with a sleek, mirror-like appearance.
PUR PFM400H Chrome Horizontal Faucet
- FAUCET WATER CHEMICAL & PHYSICAL FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR...
- REDUCES 70 CHEMICAL & PHYSICAL CONTAMINANTS INCLUDING LEAD– This PUR PLUS drinking water faucet is certified to...
- EASY TO ATTACH – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach and no tools are required. Compatible with...
This PUR water filter attaches quickly and easily to your faucet for clean, healthy, great-tasting water. It only filters 100 gallons before it needs to be replaced, but it reduces over 70 contaminants thanks to its ion exchange and activated carbon. This includes 99% of lead, 96% of mercury and 92% of agricultural pesticide. It is certified to reduce 10 times more contaminants than pitcher water filters and costs less than other leading brands of water filters.
After careful research and thorough testing, we determined the best faucet water filter of 2019 is the Moen Arbor one-handle high arc pull-down kitchen faucet. Any issues you may have with this water filter will be resolved under the lifetime warranty of this water filter including leaks and spraying. No matter the aesthetics and design of your kitchen, rest assured this faucet water filter will blend seamlessly with the rest of your kitchen and the quickly delivered, high-quality water will not disappoint.
Last update on 2021-08-02 at 00:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API