Sleeping In A Recliner VS Bed What Is Better For Your Health?
Sleep is one of the basic necessities of life if you want to make sure that your body does not suffer any physical damage.
Therefore to be able to enjoy this necessary pass time, you have to choose the best way that will be advantageous to your health.
When it comes to sleeping orientation, people have their individual preferences. Some people prefer to sleep horizontally on the bed while others will rather sleep semi vertical on a recliner.
In this article, we are going to enumerate the differences between the two sleeping devices and their effects. This will help you so that if you are trying to make a choice, you can make a suitable and informed choice.
A bed is made up of a soft and well-padded mattress which is attached to the bed frame and it is constructed to rest on both sides of either a wood slat or a sprung base. This sleeping device comes in different sizes and varieties such as;
- The adjustable bed: this type of bed is commonly used in hospitals because they can easily be changed or elevated for patients who have medical issues.
- Another form of a bed is an air bed which is built in form of a mattress that is filled with air.
- There is also the bassinet which is a special bed made for newborns.
- Another form of a bed is the box-bed. This type of bed is built in form of a very big box which you can fold due to its sliding panels and roof that is built in partitions.
The bed will allow you to comfortably sleep on your back, on your side or on your stomach. Sleeping on a bed allows you to relax your body in a horizontal position which helps to reduce the pressure on the spine and enable the fluids to go back to the discs.
Whereas recliners are comfortable and healthy chairs which are built in such a way that you can easily sleep on them.
A recliner is a cushioned armchair that relaxes backward with the front lifted up whenever someone reclines on it.
The footrest of a recliner is usually extended automatically or by the use of a lever.
They are padded front and back with soft cushions and the arms are also padded for comfort. The legs of the recliner are specially built so that you can use it to anchor your tired leg muscles also to improve your blood circulation when you relax on it.
Recliners have also been known to increase the spinal pressure if it is in a locked and upright position.
The recliner is an easy place to sleep on when you cannot easily reach your bed or when you have health issues like respiratory problems that can't allow you to sleep comfortably unless you keep your head in an upright position.
A recliner is the best sleeping equipment for you if you are
Suffering from one of these medical problems like;
- Heartburn: this is a situation where the body is suffering from an influx of acid caused by a weakened esophageal sphincter muscle. Lying horizontally on the bed will enable the stomach acid to pass into the esophagus thereby causing pain. While sitting vertically on a recliner or standing ensures that the acid remains in the stomach.
- Heart attack: people who are suffering from this condition are known to have trouble in breathing. Therefore, the horizontal position of lying on the bed will make them gasp for breath, so the sitting position of the recliner will be more advisable.
- Pain in the back: anybody that has pain in the back finds it more comfortable to sleep in a recliner because the backrest of the recliner helps to reduce the pain.
- Shallow breathing caused by sleep apnea: most times, this sickness is caused by obesity and when the person is lying down, the tissues press down on the airways so it is advisable to sleep on a recliner that wouldn't allow you to lie down. The recliner will ensure that you are sleeping in an upright position so that your throat tissues will never press down on your airways.
Sleeping horizontally on a bed enables you to have a good night's rest but it is not when you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned diseases.
Each of these sleeping devices has their own advantages and disadvantages so if you are making a choice, check your body first and select the one that will be suitable for you.
Note: If Your are living in the hard water area then i have an article for you, Check our Water Solutions Guide