We look upon our appliances to save us time, which is why we like to gather information such as this GE profile dishwasher review before we buy. Reviews form an essential part of our decision making, and when we look to spend our hard-earned money, they can prove invaluable. After all, we don’t want to make the wrong decision when we purchase.
When I load up my dishwasher, I want to know that it will clean everything I put in it and that the items will come out dry. It’s not much to ask for because that’s what a dishwasher does, right? However, before I buy such a big item, I always look for some product knowledge before I commit, such as this GE profile dishwasher review.
GE Profile Dishwasher Review
The GE profile series 18-inch built-in dishwasher PDW1860KSS is a stainless steel dishwasher with hidden controls. (As shown above, in the full set of GE kitchen appliances. The appliance has a small footprint, so it will fit into the smallest of spaces without having to sacrifice dishwashing power.
The dishwasher features seven wash cycles, including heavy, glasses, and rinse, to give you a fantastic cleaning experience. With a delay timer, the appliance also features eight place settings and has a stainless steel interior.
On the whole, most customers seem very pleased with the washing power of the GE profile dishwasher. It proved particularly popular with small family environments due to its compact size. Nevertheless, some issues exist with the noise the machine makes while cleaning, and some customers felt let down by the need to purchase additional parts to install the dishwasher.
We ask so much of our appliances. They have to offer plenty of features as well as perform well. Many of us have limited space, so whatever device we install must earn its position.
However, this is a GE profile dishwasher review. Join us as we delve into the guts of the machine and examine the nitty-gritty of the appliance.
A Little About GE
GE Consumer and Industrial is a worldwide concern and one of the leading brands in home appliances. In fact, it has built itself a sizeable reputation for producing quality products at reasonable prices. With over 125 years in the technology industry, GE remains committed to bringing eco-friendly technology to the market in an effort to meet the demands of challenging environmental concerns.
So while we may know the company name, what this GE profile dishwasher review wants to know is this. How does their dishwasher perform?
- GE SS Interior Dishwasher SS
- Model Number: GDT695SSJSS
- Item Package Dimension: 48.0" L x 40.0" W x 50.0" H
The Nitty-Gritty of Our GE Profile Dishwasher Review
The GE profile dishwasher has seven cycles, including air dry, glasses, heavy wash, light wash, normal wash, and rinse only. For a dishwasher of this size, its cycles certainly pack a lot in. Additionally, the hidden controls feature three pushbuttons with fully integrated electronic controls.
The appliance uses two wash arms in a lower and middle set up with two nylon shelves. Also, the dishwasher uses a Calrod heater for drying and uses leveling legs to position the machine.
- Easy touch adjustable upper rack with 2 Stem Safe shelves
- Full extension smooth glide upper rack with fold-down tines
Another useful feature is the 1-hour to 24-hour delay start. The machine operates at 60 decibels and comes in at a net weight of 61 pounds. The GE profile dishwasher measure 32 inches overall height, though it can extend to 35 inches with the legs fully extended. The depth of the machine is 24 inches, and the width is 18 inches.
The functions certainly feel expansive considering the size of the dishwasher, but what do the users think of the machine?
The overriding majority of users loved the cleaning efficiency of the dishwasher. The hidden controls proved popular, as does the sleek, modern design of the appliance. Most customers found the dishwasher easy to install, and the variety of functions gave versatility to the machine. Additionally, the size of the machine suits smaller family setups to make this an efficient dishwasher.
The GE profile dishwasher is not without its problems. Some users we found complained that the machine proved overly noisy in operation. Some issues exist with regards to water leaks, and a few complaints exist because some additional plumbing was needed to install the dishwasher.
The Wet and Dry of the GE Profile Dishwasher
No GE profile dishwasher review would be complete without a list of positive and negative points. After all, we need to see a balanced picture of the appliance for us to make up our minds.
The Dry (Pros)
- Customers love the cleaning capabilities of the machine
- Some users went so far as to say the appliance represents GE’s best dishwasher to date
- Most customers felt it offers excellent value for money
- The comprehensive functions of the appliance proved popular with users
- The compact size makes the dishwasher particularly suited to smaller kitchens
The Wet (Cons)
- The dishwasher doesn’t come with all the plumbing parts you need which annoyed some reviewers
- A few customers found the machine noisy during operation
- Some customers had issues with leaking water, though GE rectified the problem
- The dishwasher makes loud beeping noises to indicate when it is finished, and you cannot override the function
- If you open the door partway through the cleaning function, the dishwasher resets which some users found annoying
How Did We Compile This GE Profile Dishwasher Review?
We took to the internet to find real user reviews, and the GE website provided excellent detail for the specification of the appliance. Also, YouTube gave some fantastic customer feedback with regards to the GE profile dishwasher.
Our goal is to find the best products to offer you so that you can choose with confidence.
What About the Competition?
In an attempt to offer a balanced picture, this GE profile dishwasher review will present some alternatives to the appliance.
The Frigidaire 18-inch Built-In Dishwasher
The Frigidaire 18-inch dishwasher FFBD1831US is a stainless steel built-in dishwasher with two nylon racks and a stainless steel tub. The dishwasher has six wash cycles and can fit up to eight place settings. The appliance also features a heated drying system and adjustable legs.
Additionally, the machine comes in at 60 pounds and measures 34.5 x 25 x 19.6 inches. Also, the machine operates at 52 decibels. Furthermore, the machine boasts a National Sanitation Foundation certificate whereby the sanitization function removes 99.9 percent of common household bacteria.
- DUAL SPRAY ARM SYSTEM: Our top and bottom rack dual spray arm system gives you a thorough clean every time
- SANITIZE CYCLE: National Sanitation Foundation Certified Sanitize Cycle removes 99.9% of common household bacteria
- FITS UP TO 8 PLACE SETTINGS: Cleans 8 place settings in one cycle
- Compact size
- It cleans very well
- The range of functions proved popular
- Great for small homes
- Some users found the machine noisy
- Quality issues plague some customers
- Some users don’t like the way the machine dries
- Cycle may be longer than some users like
The Edgestar 18 inch Wide BIDW1802
The Edgestar 18 inch wide BIDW1802 is a built-in dishwasher that fits up to eight place settings. In addition to its energy star rating, the machine features six cycles, including heavy, normal, ECO, glass, rapid, and rinse. Additionally, the dishwasher has three options, which include sanitizing, hi-temperature, and heat dry.
With an operating level of 52 decibels, the machine weighs 52.9 pounds. It measures 32.5 x 17.6 x 22.4 inches. It comes complete with a leakage sensor, which automatically shuts off the water should it detect a leak. With two racks, the dishwasher has a stainless steel interior.
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great...
- Compact size which is particularly suited to RV environments and small homes
- Satisfactory cleaning capabilities
- Most users found its operation quiet
- Some users found the machine noisy during operation
- Dry cycle may not live up to everyone’s expectations
- Some issues with leakage have happened occasionally
Our GE Profile Dishwasher Review Is Complete
When we spend our hard-earned money on an appliance, we want it to work hard, especially when space is a concern. The GE profile dishwasher has an overwhelming array of positive reviews that praise its cleaning prowess. Also, the excellent variety of cycles makes the machine particularly versatile and efficient.
When the size of a space is limited, the GE profile dishwasher comes into its own. At 18 inches, it fits into the most confined spaces, which means we can all benefit from having a dishwasher. Also, if you have a small family, then this dishwasher is ideal because of its compact nature.
Perhaps you suffer from living in a hard water area? The GE profile dishwasher will handle such problems with ease to give you excellent performance.
Overall, is the GE profile dishwasher worth its mid-price ticket? Our GE profile dishwasher review presents a series of compelling facts that make the dishwasher eminently suitable for smaller homes. While the appliance has a few issues, its functions and cleaning ability makes it a powerhouse of the kitchen.
Do you have any experience with the GE profile dishwasher? Perhaps you have a different model and would like to share your experiences with us? Do you have limited space, but would like to install a dishwasher? Why not leave a comment in the space below as we would love to hear from you.