How To Clean and Take Care of Your Juicer
If you regularly use your juicer, either for commercial or domestic purposes, you probably have noticed that annoying brown residue mostly on the corners. Usually, this residue can come off if you try very hard to scrub it.
The only problem you might have noticed is that it becomes really difficult to be able to clean all the corners as some of these corners are simply unreachable.
It is because of this reason that we have decided to come up with this step by step guide to show you how to clean and take care of your citrus juicer. HelloJucer helped me to Create This information article.
When you realize that gunk has started attaching itself on the sides of your juicer, it is an indication that some of food and juice remains have started decaying.
This is a very serious thing as it may lead to food poisoning, among so many other hygienic related diseases. It is therefore very important that you muster our guide as we have elaborated below:
Steps on How to Do a Normal Cleaning of Your Juicer
- l Make sure that your juicer is unplugged to avoid short-circuiting.
- l Make sure that your juicer is completely disassembled. This will make sure that you are able to access all its parts as opposed to when trying to wash it with all its part intact.
- l Remove the container or simply the bin that collects the pulp. Look for a sharp material and scrap the bin. A spatula, for example, would be an ideal tool for this purpose.
- l Make sure that, after you are done with washing, clean water is made to run over all the parts. This will allow proper rinsing and hence any material that might have been left attached will be removed.
- l To take care of some of the smallest areas such as the nooks and crannies, make use of some very small but effective brushes. A nail brush is one of the tools that can be considered for this purpose.
- l If you want to do a more thorough job, it is advisable that you use a lot of clean water in a sink. In this case, enough soap should be added to the sink and you can then dip the parts of your juicer for a few minutes in the water.
- l After some minutes, use a brush to wash the pieces, taking your time particularly on the strainer which is usually made up of mesh. This is a delicate area and no particle should be allowed to dry on this delicate screen as it might prove difficult to get rid of them later.
- l Make sure that all the parts have dried completely before you can assemble back your juicer. To help in this, you can always place them on a rack or you can place them on a towel.
- l After they are fully dry, you can now put your juicer together.
How do you get rid of the tougher residue?
If you stay for a long time before washing your juicer, you will realize that the brown coating on the sides and corners of your juicer has become more tough, hence very hard to remove. How do you go about such a situation?
- l As in regular cleaning, the first thing that you do is to make sure that your juicer is unplugged.
- l Disassemble it and use the steps described in the normal cleaning section.The only thing that you need to note here is that the washing liquid that you usually use should be replaced with a washing liquid that contains Laundress or just the Dawn Ultra enzymes. These enzymes work by breaking up the food products that may have attached themselves on your juicer.
- l After you have done enough cleaning, the parts of the residue still having remains on them should be placed in a bowl containing water.
- l Add some few tablets, commonly referred to as denture tablets and allow the tablets to fizz for some time as might be required.
- l If the remains are still noticeable at this point, you should add a mixture of milk and some white vinegar. You can usually use one of the two components although using both components is more effective. These components contain enzymes that function by breaking up the juice remains and fruit particles.
- l Allow for enough soaking time until it becomes easy to scrub away the now loose residue.
Washing and taking care of your citrus juicer should not be a hard task, you should make it a habit to regularly clean your juicer and following the right procedure while doing so.